Do you stand out in the crowd? Are you different from everyone else you know?
Be who you are and don’t be afraid to be different. People will either accept you or dismiss you. You don’t need the ones that dismiss you. Find people who will encourage and uplift you. People that are positive and accept you for who you are. Don’t be overshadowed by the status quo.
A few things you can do to find positive people like this are:
- Display your work on Flickr
- Join Flickr groups
- Comment on the work you like from other people
- Network on Twitter and follow positive and inspirational people such as Scott Bourne, Skip Cohen, and Seth Godin just to name a few
- Joint Tasra Dawson’s Tasra365 challenge
- Join a photography group in your area (photography forums and Facebook are good places to start)
- Attend a photography workshop
Read: Motion Study: How to Capture the World As It Goes By - Scott Bourn, Photofocus
Viewed: Chris Buck. Brilliantly creative photographer!